Welcome To The International Bikers Forum

PDI (pre delivery Inspection)

in Pioneer Nevada Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:59 am
by Adam • Founder | 304 Posts

Thought I would include one so people/members will see for themselves

pre delivery inspection (pdi)
there right it should be done during the pdi, however, Iím not one to trust my life to someone I donít know, no matter how good they are, things can be missed! As Iíve said on another post, I knew a guy who had a cbr, now these are great sports bikes, built to the highest quality, and made in Japan. This guy got his new bike, and took to the garage to have all the bit's tightened, 2 weeks later things started dropping off! Turns out the pdi missed a bunch of things and so did the garage! And thatís a bloody Honda cbr!
Our bikes are Chinese copies, this means they will have cheaper parts.
Chinese imports have a bad rep, mostly from people who have not taken care of them. So the best thing you can do is get a socket wrench set and a couple of screwdrivers and go over the whole bike! Once you have done a bolt, spray a bit of WD40 on it to prevent rust. Go over the whole bike, and make sure everything is tight, this will save your life so take your time!
When I first got mine I found a bunch of things needed doing.
front axle
front disc
brake caliper
risers
rear wheel sprocket holder
alignment locking nuts
exhaust bolts
rear wheel alignment
center stand
sub frame
and thatís after the pdi! Once these things are done the bike will be as solid as any bike! And the safety factor is up to your riding and of course the other road users!
I canít stress this enough! Donít trust the pdi, donít trust a garage, and donít trust anyone who you donít trust with your life! Get your tools out, and if you need to, Ask

(Courtesy of our friend's over at Pnoc)

Last edited Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:35 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Regal20
Board Statistics
The forum has 1187 topics and 2215 posts.

2 members have been online today:
Joe Baxter, xiaolan

Visitor record: 45 users on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:21 pm..