Welcome To The International Bikers Forum

stevew

in Introduce yourself to the troops Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:23 pm
by stevew | 7 Posts

Well at the moment I'm your token southerner, down here on the Kent/London boarder. Perhaps of the more mature persuasion, born in '48 !!
Been into two wheels most of my life but with big gaps 'cos of things like a wife or two and kids. Currently own an 2006 AJS Regal Rapter 250cc and a 49cc Mobylette AV89 moped from way back.
Didn't know what to expect when I got the RR as it's been about 15 years since my last bike which was a Yamaha Cygnus 125 twist and go scooter, made in China I think. Prior to that I was a committed biker using my Kwaker 400 for commuting to and from work about 60 miles a day and also a period of courier work in the Big Smoke.
The Regal Raptor is fine so far. Got it s/h from a mature owner who had looked after it well. It had about 7500 miles on it when I got it. Done about a 1000 miles now and I getting used to it. Strangest thing for me is the slow handling with the "chopper" style raked forks. Wants to drop into the turn all the time when going slow. It's fine once it's moving. The technique is that you have to push on the inside bar when doing a tight turn like a U turn. Takes some getting used to !!
But overall I like it, bit too much chrome for my liking so slowly odd bits are being changed or re-finished in black. Makes it look much classier to my eyes.
Engine seems to be almost exactly the same as the Honda Rebel's 234cc engine but with watercooling on the RR.
Up to recently I spent a lot of time cycling mainly 'cos it's the best and quickest way to get around here in this congested area and it's brilliant in central London. Having the bike makes it very tempting to forget the pedals!!
Here's to the success of this new forum.

Cheers me dears.

Scroll up

RE: stevew

in Introduce yourself to the troops Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:28 pm
by Solanis • Admin | 317 Posts

Welcome along to the new place. hope you like it, and don't forget to leave your boots at the door, (these are new carpets you know!!). join in and have fun.

Sol

Scroll up

in Introduce yourself to the troops Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm
by stevew | 7 Posts

Sod it, nearly forgot to take me boots off !!!!

Last edited Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:31 pm | Scroll up

in Introduce yourself to the troops Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 pm

gotcha just in time then - LOL.

Scroll up

in Introduce yourself to the troops Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:33 pm
by Adam • Founder | 304 Posts

hiya Stevew, So what do you think about the freshly painted walls and new carpets, Lol? No worries about the maturity aslong as you are a 2 wheeled fan it's all cool.

Feel free to add to the picture gallery or add to any post make your own its all good here.

Regards
Adam aka Fester

Scroll up

in Introduce yourself to the troops Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:35 pm
by stevew | 7 Posts

Cheers guys.
Just ordered some new boots from here
http://www.atsite.co.uk/p-7190-tuskers-d...nd-midsole.aspx
Hope they are OK for this cold weather.

Scroll up

in Introduce yourself to the troops Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:39 pm

should be, they certainly look it.

Scroll up

in Introduce yourself to the troops Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:43 pm
by stuch | 85 Posts

hi stevew

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: muirton
Board Statistics
The forum has 1185 topics and 2213 posts.

1 member has been online today :
xiaolan

Visitor record: 45 users on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:21 pm..