Welcome To The International Bikers Forum

Bike FINALLY back on the road!!!

in Easy and Free chat Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:01 pm
by Solanis • Admin | 317 Posts

Well tonight i'm a happy bunny, finally finished getting my exhausts fixed. after a couple of months after the studs had sheared, and i decided to remove the cats. and after much time grinding, cutting, hammering, welding, swearing, recutting, shaping, swearing, more welding, grinding, fabricating, swearing, waiting for batteries to charge, drilling, bit more welding, then re-attaching.

THEY ARE ON AND WORKING!!!!!

welding stainless to mild steel is a bugger as well, doesn't matter if you use stainless wire or normal wire, it still wants to be a bugger!!
so welds look like a dogs dinner around the (ex)cat and the pipes, but i don't care, it adds character!!

Now because it's so late, i've got to wiat till thursday (day off), to go for a spin and re-adjust the carbs. then go out for a proper ride and see how it affects my top end. i've been told that by removing the cats i should get and extra 5-10mph from it. only time will tell.

but i can't wait to get out on my bike again, it's been far too long!!

Last edited Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:06 pm | Scroll up

RE: Bike FINALLY back on the road!!!

in Easy and Free chat Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:17 pm
by Adam • Founder | 304 Posts

Nice one fella, Any pics?

Scroll up

in Easy and Free chat Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:20 pm

too dark, and too many sweary words, but i'll take some pics of the finished product in a couple of days. it's not pretty, but considering this is the first time i've ever done something like this, i'm quite proud of it.

Scroll up

in Easy and Free chat Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:28 pm
by Adam • Founder | 304 Posts

So you should fella, Its all your own work which is the massive proud moment.

Scroll up

in Easy and Free chat Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:10 pm
by stuch | 85 Posts

great news sol i know what you mean about being off the road for a while i've been off only since the bad weather & cannot wait to get out again

Scroll up

in Easy and Free chat Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:27 pm

well, i'm gonna be getting on the road quicker than i thought, as my day off is tomorrow instead of thursday as i initially thought. YAY!!!

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: Regal20
Board Statistics
The forum has 1187 topics and 2215 posts.

2 members have been online today:
Joe Baxter, xiaolan

Visitor record: 45 users on Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:21 pm..